Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Q&A

I have a list of random music questions that I have gotten and today I am going to answer them. Uunfortunately as very few people read this there are very few questions so please feel free to ask me something and I will answer it. Here we go.

Q: Are they called Barbershop Quartets [be]cause they sang in actual barbershops?
A: Yes, actually. They were also known for singing at parties and on street corners (like you see at Disneyland). This last also earned them the associative title of 'curbstone harmony'.

Q: Where can I get free sheet music online?
A: Ok first why are you asking me this? This is an informative blog not a place to pick up illegal merchandise. Second, shoo.

Q: What can I use to convert my midi into usable sheet music?
A: You can try 8notes.com, Midillustrator, or a program called Noteworthy Composer. There are a lot of programs out there designed to handle just this function so you will have to look through them to see what will work best for you. Also, try visiting this site. It has a list of converter applications as well as many other useful tools.

Q: You mentioned minor keys, what are those for?
A: Ok yeah that is pretty much a whole other blog but basically the minor keys that are shown inthe image of my previous post share the key signature with the major key they are listed with. As in, those notes will all be played with or without those sharps or flats. The difference is in the sound. Minor keys tend to be more solomn and haunting, while major keys are brighter and more jovial sounding. This is accomplished by changing the intervals in the scale for that key. And because I've completely confused you I will make scales my next post. (=

Q: What is the biggest insrtument ever?
A: Well I am going to go ahead and tell you the largest operating instrument and it may come as a slight dissapointment to you because the answer is not an instrument that anyone will ever have to try and cary around. It is infact and organ. It is owned by the Macy's store and resides in Philidelphia. The monster organ contains 28,543 pipes and sounds a little something like this.

Q: My friend just showed me this thing where they have cats and dogs singing Christmas songs. You should do a post about that!
A: Ok not a question. And no, no I should not. If you want to watch the kitties sing then go here, not here.

Very Punny
If you break a string on your guitar don't Fret.

1 comment:

Followers